ferragamo store long island, Official site Salvatore Ferragamo
The Salvatore Ferragamo Brand
Style house established in Florence by Salvatore Ferragamo (initially from Avellino) in 1927. In 1914 he moved to Boston within the USA, carrying his ardour for shoes and the great crafting abilities. In the early twenties he strikes to Santa Barbara, California, the place he opens a store for shoes fixing. California was, in those years, the nice wonderland the place the film business was starting to flourish; this translated in a high request of custom made sneakers, which in fact meant that Salvatore Ferragamo grew to become the “shoemaker of the stars”. As a result of excessive manufacturing costs and the lack of capable craftsmen, in 1927 Ferragamo goes back to Italy and establishes the “Ferragamo Shoe manufacturing unit”; in a photograph of the time, the well-known typographic logotype appeared already. In 1938, because of a development in production, Ferragamo acquires the Palazzo Spini Feroni in Florence as headquarters of his workplaces. In the early fifties, to rejoice his first parade in Florence, the tag-brand was barely restyled: the black-white contrast is lightened and the name of the fashion designer seems too. In 1958 the “hook” appears for the first time on one of many purses: although it’s not and never would be the official logo of the model, it continues to be very recognizable, as a consequence of its presence on a lot of the merchandise; legend has it that Ferragamo was impressed by the gate of Palazzo Spini Feroni. In 1960, after the dying of the founder, the logotype along with his signature appears. The corporate was left in the hands of his spouse and his six youngsters who, as soon as they became eligible, coated key roles in the administration of the corporate, also contributing to its enlargement. In 1982 a new restyling simplifies the founder’s signature; the primary letter “F” was used as ferragamo store long island inspiration for some decorated cloths and as name for a perfume.